F.A.Q DreamBox #1

1. Does DreamBox has to be activated?

Yes. You can activate it at our site www.dreambox.hk in DOWNLOAD section. (Please read Getting Started)

 

2. How do I know the firmware version or serial number of my DreamBox?

  1. Download our software (DreamBox Service Software ) and install it.
  2. Connect your box to PC
  3. Select Hardware->DreamBox->Read Box Info from main menu

 

3. Do I have to configure my USB ports for DreamBox usage?

No. You should install drivers only.

 

4. How do I activate or update my DreamBox?

Visit our website and choose DreamBox Firmware Update from Downloads section.

 

5. What do I do in case of box update problems?

See Troubleshooting

 

6. Power indicator blinks red. What does it mean?

It's means that some action wasn't finished successfully.
(See Troubleshooting)

 

7. Can I use my DreamBox as a standalone device, or it has to be used with PC only?

You can use DreamBox only with PC.

 

8. What software supports DreamBox interface and where to download it?

DreamBox Service Software (DBSS). You can download it at our website www.dreambox.hk in Downloads section.

 

9. What flash file formats are supported by DreamBox and where do I find them?

DreamBox Service Software (DBSS) supports all available formats of flash files for Sony Ericsson (*.ssw, *.mbn, *.fbn, *.dtf formats and customization packs in *.dta and *.zip formats) and Siemens phones (*.bin, WinSwup tools & Update tools *.exe, *.dtf and *.xfs formats). Flash files created by DreamBox developers are available at DREAMBOX section of www.boot-loader.com.

 

10. Does DreamBox Update requires using of any specific web browser?

DreamBox updates performed directly form DBSS. No specific browsers or clients are required in this case. For more information please check the update manual.

0 comments: